Caroline County Public Schools is pleased to announce that the Virginia State Police will be providing an additional presence in its schools. VSP troopers may be seen in schools, parking lots, and other areas throughout the school day. We are appreciative of their willingness and efforts along with those of the Sheriff’s department to assist in helping provide a safe learning environment for our students and staff. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s principal.
Congratulations to the CMS Beta Club for their outstanding performance at the annual state convention in Virginia Beach this weekend. At the General Session on Friday night, Madison Gillespie sang the National Anthem and Courtney Clarke, Jessica Facer, Alexandra McCeney, Jada Smith, and Savannah Wise sang the Beta Club song to an audience of 1300.
The club competed in many academic, and arts/crafts competitions:
- Sydney Brown was elected State chaplain and received first place in her campaign speech. Madison Gillespie, Rejon Hawkins and Alexis Mont performed in her campaign skit.
- Alexis Mont placed first in the Speech competition and presented her speech, “The Heart of Beta ” during the awards ceremony on Saturday morning.
- Connor Askew won first place in the Spelling Bee competition
The following students also placed:
- Tyler Norris Received 2nd place for his Charcoal drawing
- Jade Campos received 2nd place for her pencil drawing
- Ezra Adamek received 3rd place for his woodworking project
- Katie Lloyd received 3rd place for Scrapbook
- Raymond Radford placed 3rd in the Social Studies competition
- Aaisha Gouveia placed 3rd in the Math competition
And the entire CMS Beta club received 3rd place in Songfest.
Winners at the state convention received an invitation to compete at the National Jr Beta Club Convention in Mobile, Alabama in June.
The club would like to thank their parents, CMS principal, Ms Wright, Mr. Powell, and our sponsors, Ms. Billingsley and Mrs. Vessels for their support.
Congratulations to these students and their sponsors!!!
The CMS bands have been nominated for the AUMA Music and Arts award. These awards are given to outstanding members in their respective fields in the Caroline community. We need everyone to VOTE for the CMS bands by going to the following link and casting your vote for Caroline Middle School Band under the Best School Band category: http://www.aumaawards.com/Vote.html. Please support the CMS bands!
Congratulations to the CMS bands and band director Ms. Karen Mott.
4th grade student, Kayla Loescher, from Lewis and Clark, and her sisters celebrate her spelling bee victory! Kayla finished first at the Caroline County level of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Ms. Loesher will advance to the regional round of competition on March 16th in Fredericksburg. Please come out and show your support that Saturday at James Monroe High School. Come and cheer her on at 1:00 pm. We are proud of all our accomplished spellers that competed at Caroline Middle School!