Thursday, April 12, 2018
10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Bowling Green Elementary
Lewis and Clark Elementary
Inclement Weather Date – Tuesday, April 24, 2018
What to expect
• Register your child for kindergarten
• Meet and talk with school staff
• Your child will be screened at this time, so you only need to come to the school once.
What to bring
• Child’s original or certified birth certificate
• IEP, if applicable
• Legal Custody/Guardianship, Visitation, and/or Protective Orders, if applicable
• Foster Parent Verification, if applicable
• Photo ID and two documents for proof of residency
• Immunization record and completed physical form
Provide two documents from list A or one from List A and one from List B
• A deed or lease agreement to the residence
• Utility bill or new hookup/installation issued within the last 30 days (telephone, electric, cable, water, etc.)
• A letter from Rappahannock Electric or Dominion Power verifying the address
• A U.S. Internal Revenue Service tax reporting W-2 from the current year
• A payroll check stub issued by an employer within the last 30 days
• A piece of mail with new forwarding address indicated by the post office
With months of planning already underway, Caroline County Public Schools has scheduled it’s annual Meet in the Middle Special Olympics event for 4/16/18 (rain date 4/19/18) at CHS’s football field and outdoor track. This will be the fourth annual Special Olympics event in Caroline County.
Special Olympics provides athletic competition in a variety of sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community. Caroline County Public Schools will include athletes from all five of it’s schools, pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. Additionally, athlete buddies, adult volunteers and student coaches will round out the list of participants. “We hope to exceed our goal of 150 participants in this year’s event,” said Lora Glass, Director of Special Education. “Our students are very excited about the upcoming event, and the school staff is really stepping up the plate to volunteer.”
Ali Barnard from Special Olympics Virginia is helping Caroline County Public Schools expand it’s program to include students from all grade levels. The students and volunteers will participate in athletic competitions and then have lunch before returning to their home school. Donations and volunteer effort are needed and welcomed.
Please contact the Caroline County Public Schools – Special Education Department at 804-633-5088 extension 1064 for more information.
Caroline County Public Schools (Virginia) will be closed Thursday, March 22, 2018. Twelve-month employees are code 3.
Due to inclement weather closures, Monday, April 9 will now be a full student-teacher school day. This date was previously identified as a make-up day in the School Board approved 17-18 instructional calendar located at www.ccps.us
Caroline County Public Schools (Virginia) will be closed Wednesday, March 21, 2018.
12 month employees are code 3.
All after school activities have been cancelled for Tuesday, March 20, 2018. No activity buses will run today.
Caroline County Public Schools (Virginia) will be operating on a 2 hour delay for Tuesday, March 13, 2018.
12 month employees are code 2.
All after school activities have been canceled for Monday, March 12, 2018. No activity buses will run today.