CMS students met after Rachel’s Challenge to start planning ways to spread kindness and compassion at the middle school and our community. During the planning meeting, students who expressed interest in being a part of the F.O.R. club decided to meet Monday mornings from 7:00-7:30 a.m. three times a month and the last Monday of the month after school from 3:00-5:00 for projects, lessons, and games! The next F.O.R. meeting is Monday, 9/17/18 @ 7:00 a.m.
Initial student led projects this year will include:
- Chain link challenge recognizing acts of kindness. Students will cut strips of construction paper to provide to classrooms and to decorate envelopes to hold the links for CMS and to share with elementary schools
- Day of kindness with a pep-rally, handprints, and activities in October
In addition to our F.O.R. club, all students also have the opportunity to become a Champion Zone Kid (C.Z.K.) at CMS.
Qualities of Champion Zone Kids:
- Respects Themselves and Others
- Chooses Positive Influences
- Values Differences in Others
- Speaks with Kindness and is Courteous
- Helps Those Being Bullied
- Includes Those Who are Left Out
- Models Positive Behaviors
- Rises Above the Crowd to Be a CHAMPION!
C.Z.K. will have a table setup during lunch on Friday, 9/21/18 with more information and a sign up sheet.
Any adults interested in helping support F.O.R. or C.Z.K., please contact the CMS Main Office.