Caroline County Public Schools is concerned about the health of its students and staff. As a result, we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and keeping our community informed about the latest developments, best preventative practices, and steps that CCPS is taking to ensure a safe environment.
Please take a moment to view information on tryouts for winter sports at CHS below:
Tryouts for Boys & Girls Basketball, Indoor Track, Swim, and Wrestling will begin on Monday, Nov. 8. You must have a completed and valid VHSL Physical in order to try out for a team.
Please make arrangements to have your ride pick you up at 5:30. Activity buses will be running Monday-Thursday during the Winter sports season and will leave at 5:30 each day from CHS.
- Swim athletes will take a shuttle from CHS to the YMCA after school.
- Please contact Coach Hale at email@example.com if you have questions.
- Wrestlers will take a shuttle from CHS to the YMCA after school.
- Please contact Coach Swanton at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- GIrls Basketball
- Girls will practice 4:00-6:15 but should stay after school.
- Please reach out to COach Wilson at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Boys Basketball
- Varsity boys basketball will practice 3:00-5:15 pm at CHS
- JV boys will practice 5:15-7:00 pm at CHS
- Please contact Coach Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Indoor Track & Field
- Track & Field Athletes will be at 3:00-5:15 in the stadium.
- Please reach out to Coach Harvey at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Varsity boys basketball will practice 3:00-5:15 pm at CHS
JV boys will practice 5:15-7:00 pm at CHS
Please contact Coach Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Underclassmen are scheduled for a make up picture day on 11.4.21 (B DAY). Students will be sent to the auditorium at the time designated by their classroom teacher. All students must be photographed.
The Virginia High School League believes that film is both an art form and communication tool that encourages creativity in individuals and crews, and sharpens students’ knowledge of conceptualizing, researching, writing, casting, directing, acting, cinematography, and editing.
CHS has a VHSL Film Festival Club. We will have our 1st informational meeting on Tuesday Oct. 26th @ 2:45 in the library to discuss categories and changes for this year. If you are interested, please fill out the the interest form: VHSL Film Festival Interest Inventory
If you have any questions, please contact Kimberly Kelly: email@example.com
Congratulations to the Boys and Girls Cross Country Teams on a great showing this last Wednesday against Spotsy and Courtland High Schools. Several athletes posted personal bests, and Kaitlyn Klock took first place with a personal best time of 21:49, this is a 34-second improvement!!! Danica Sale earned second place as well. For the boy’s team Anton Jones earned second place with a fast time of 17:35. The teams will compete at Districts this week on October 20th at Culpeper HS!