CHS ATTENDANCE POLICY
The specifics of the attendance policy are stated below so you are ready for the new school year.
Excused absences include:
- Student illness – Student illness for more than three (3) consecutive days will require a doctor’s note.
- Death or serious illness of a family member. (documentation required)
- Doctor, dentist, or therapist appointments.
- Pre-approved travel for family emergencies or vacation.
- College visitations.
- Subpoenas for court.
- Religious observances
Documentation required for an excused absence-within 3 days:
Note from a Physician, Court documentation OR –
A note from a parent containing the following:
- Date of absence
- The full name of the student
- The exact reason for the absence
- The student’s grade
- The signer’s phone number (home and work) where he/she can be reached.
- The Signature of parent/guardian
Late Arrivals/Early Dismissals:
Students may be excused for tardiness or receive early dismissal from school for the same reasons as those listed under excused absences.
- Written request (from a parent/guardian) for early dismissal shall be submitted to the Attendance Office prior to the requested dismissal time. These requests shall be approved/denied by the principal or his designee.