The William Anderson Center at The University of Mary Washington
Alvey Dr, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Everyone MUST have a ticket to attend (this includes all babies and small children)
Directions from interstate 95 heading north
- 95n. to exit 126
- Follow signs for rt. 1 north
- Once you pass the Greyhound station you will want to start getting into your right hand lane
- If you are dropping off or in need of handicap parking turn right onto College Ave. then follow the black arrows on the map provided.
- If you are parking stay in your right lane on rt. 1, take your first right after the pedestrian bridge onto Alvey Dr. the deck will be on your left.
- Parking areas will open at 5:30, doors will open at 6:00, and the ceremony starts at 7:00.
Commencement Exercises for the Class of 2018 are scheduled for Friday, May 18, 2018 at 7:00 PM. The ceremony will be held at the William Anderson Center at The University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401.
This is a ticketed event, meaning that only those people who have tickets will be admitted.
Students need to arrive at UMW at 5:30 PM on May 18th. Leave all personal items locked in your cars. When you exit graduation, you will go directly out of the building, and there will be no further access to the building areas.
1-4: Term grad testing (seniors only)
7: AP: Chemistry & Psycholog, Industry Certification tests
8: AP: Art History & Physics, SOL: English 11 Reading
9: AP: English Literature, SOL: Geometry and Algebra II
10: AP: Gov’t & Environmental Sci., SOL: Algebra I
11: AP: U.S. History, SOL: All Sciences
14: AP: Biology, SOL: Retakes & make-ups
15: AP: Calculus & Computer Science, SOL: All Social Studies
16: AP: English Language, SOL: Retakes & make-ups
17: AP: Statistic, SOL: Retakes & make-ups
18: AP: Human Geog. & Euro. Hist., SOL: Retakes & make-ups
21: Final Exams, periods 1 & 3
22: Final Exams, periods 2 & 4
Caroline High School Junior, Rebecca Button, has a bright future in STEM fields. Here are some of her most recent accomplishments:
- FIRST Chesapeake Robotics District Champion
- FIRST Robotics Competition Dean’s List finalist (1 of 173 international finalists)
- Winner of Virginia Computing Award
- National Honorable Mention for Computing Award
- Featured in STEM-focused Make magazine
FOR SENIOR AWARDS NIGHT, students wear their graduation robes over the following:
Males: dark dress clacks, dress shoes, white or light blue dress shirt, tie
Females: white (can be a dress or skirt and blouse) and white shoes
FOR GRADUATION, students wear the outfit above with the cap. Nothing can be worn on the robe or hat unless it has been awarded from the school. There can be no decorations on the hat.
If you have not taken your robe out of the shipping bag, please do so immediately. Hang it up, and within a few days, the wrinkles will fall out. Do not iron the graduation gown.