Skip to content
- Only applying for private scholarships
Most people think of scholarships as something offered by a private organization, but did you know there are federal and school scholarships as well? Don’t count those out!
- Applying for too few scholarships
Getting lots of small scholarships adds up. Smaller scholarships are often less competitive, so you have better chances of winning an award
- Not following instructions and other application mistakes
Always double-check your work, or even better, get someone else to look over your work. A second pair of eyes can help catch careless mistakes.
- Not paying attention to deadlines
Missing a deadline is the biggest mistake you can make. Apply before the deadline hits. It really doesn’t pay to procrastinate.
- Looking for scholarships for only a few weeks
Start your scholarship search as early as you can, as that means more time to complete applications and earn scholarship awards.
- Aug. 27: Field Hockey v. Chancellor, 5:00
- Aug. 27: Golf v. Spotsylvania at Mattaponi, 4:00
- Aug. 28: Volleyball v. Northumberland, 5:30
- Aug. 29: JV Football v. Patrick Henry, 6:00
- Aug. 30: Volleyball v. Hugeonot, 5:30