- September 19, 2019 – Back 2 School Night/CTE Open House/Parent Teacher Conferences
- October 4, 2019 – Homecoming Festivities & Football Game
- October 5, 2019 – Homecoming Dance
- April 3rd, 2020 – Prom
- April 29, 2020 – Academic Awards
- May 6, 2020 – Senior Awards
- May 19, 2020 – Graduation
- Learn a language from Zero to Intermediate level, that’s four semesters worth of regular language courses.
- Fast-track your Language Requirement
- Start your language major earlier
For students of all ages: If you are in your final high school year, in college, mid-career, or retired, everyone is welcome!
May 29 to July 19, 2019
Monday through Friday 9:30am-3pm
Including lunch break with your instructors
- No previous knowledge of French/German/Spanish
- Desire to learn the language in a near-immersion setting
- Motivation to work hard on your speaking, listening, writing and reading skills
- Openness to other people in class and to the French/German/Spanish-speaking cultures
How to become part of this amazing experience:
- Register for French 105, German 105, or Spanish 105 for the first summer session and French 205, German 205, or Spanish 205 for the second summer session.
- Students with previous knowledge can join the existing course after four weeks. Students can leave after the first four weeks with a grade for the 105 course.
Click here to see the brochure.
April 15 Meet in the Middle, 8:00
April 17 Countywide Art Show, 5:00
April 18 Interims sent home
April 19 Half-day, dismissal at 11:45
April 22 No school, Easter Monday
April 25 Academic Awards, 6:00
April 26 Prom, 8:00-11:00
April 27 Bowling Green Festival of Feet
April 30 Class of 2020 pictures begin
Eighteen CHS band students qualified for the Northern Neck
Peninsula All-Area Band. They are among 100 students from 12 high schools who qualified. In March, the students practiced in Charles City with the Band Director of James Madison University’s Marching Dukes, then performed in a concert for the public. Excellent achievement band!