CH Senior, Rebecca Button, is one 5 students from Virginia to win the Virginia Council on Women’s 8th Annual STEM Essay Contest for young women in their junior or senior years of high school. Becky was recognized at a reception hosted by the Governor and First Lady at the Executive Mansion, and she also earned a $5000 scholarship. Congratulations Becky!
Join Women and Girls from across the Commonwealth of Virginia for a fun day of aviation events! For more information contact:
- Diana Lewis Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport DianaLewis@flyroa.com (540) 362-1999, ext. 319
- Dean Wise Hampton Roads Executive Airport email@example.com (757) 465-0260
- Heather Ream Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport firstname.lastname@example.org (540) 234-8304
- Troy Fantini Shannon Airport email@example.com (540) 940-4436
- Sarah Patten Warrenton-Fauquier Airport firstname.lastname@example.org (856) 889-1566
- Mitch Welch Military Aviation Museum email@example.com (757) 721-7767
Pilots and Ground Volunteers are needed. Please visit our web site to sign up!
Joshua Crawley and Christopher Surles competed on February 23, 2019 at Deep Run High School in was the CAD Engineering Drawing competition at the annual TSA Regional Conference. During that event they competed against 20 plus design students from across the region. Mr. Crawley placed 2nd among all competitors and Mr. Surles placed 1st among all competitors. Both qualified for the state conference, Technosphere, that was held May 3rd through the 5th in Hampton Va. The students competed against the best high school drafters in the state. Joshua Crawley was a state finalist.