Congratulations to Alina Smith (10th-12th Grade Division) and Kyra Fox (9th Grade Division) for winning the 2019 Hanover- Caroline Soil & Water Conservation District (SWCD) soil poster contest. Both young ladies will advance to the Virginia Association of SWCD state competition. The competition theme was “Life in the Soil: Dig Deeper”
Tryouts for Boys & Girls Basketball, Indoor Track, Swim, and Wrestling will begin on Monday, Nov. 11:
- Boys Basketball -Varsity boys basketball will practice 3:00-5:15 pm. JV boys will practice 5:15-7:00 pm. All basketball tryouts are at CHS.
- Girls Basketball – Girls basketball tryouts will begin Monday November 11 with both JV and Varsity trying out together from 3:00-5:20 at the high school. After tryouts are over and teams are made, JV will practice from 3:00-5:15 and Varsity will practice from 5:30-7:30.
- Swim and Wrestling should stay after school and will shuttle to the YMCA for practice. Please email Coach Hale (email@example.com) for swim specifics and Coach Swanton (firstname.lastname@example.org) for wrestling details.
- Indoor Track will be 3:00-5:15 pm at the stadium. You must have a completed and valid VHSL Physical in order to try out for a team. Please make arrangements to have your ride pick you up at 5:30 pm.
Activity buses will be running Monday-Thursday during the Winter sports season and will leave at 5:30 pm each day from CHS.
Herff Jones returns for Senior Graduation needs and Class Ring Orders.
- The November School Counseling Newsletter is now available. Please take a few moments to review our scholarship opportunities, upcoming events, Career Corner, and more. Juniors: Learn about summer programs as well as a stellar scholarship opportunity. https://www.smore.com/54b92-school-counseling-newsletter
- Juniors and Seniors who would like to sign up for the ASVAB on November 25th please fill out the following form: https://forms.gle/7R8eVGRzzsKnYD2Z8
- DIVAS With Promise and Men of Valor are mentoring programs through Caroline’s Promise. DIVAS With Promise’s primary focus is to empower young ladies with the skills needed for success in the current year and beyond. Men of Valor’s primary focus is the empowerment of young men with the skills needed for success this year and beyond. Click here for more information and the applications! http://chscounseling.blogs.ccps.us/mentoring/
- The Career Coach, along with Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, will be hosting an after school program focusing on your future job success. The group will meet once a month and work on resumes, career exploration, setting a high school work portfolio, and much more. If interested please contact Mrs. Hummer at email@example.com .
Please click here to read the newest issue of the Cavalier Contact now.