Parents and Graduates,
Graduation is still on as scheduled. Please see the information below regarding tickets and practice.
Tickets: Tickets may be picked up at CHS between 11:00 and 3:00 by the student or a parent with an ID. Cords and other items will also be provided at this time. Please drive with caution and use alternate routes due to possible flooded roads.
Practice: 5:00-6:00 at UMW. Please report promptly by 5:00 for practice before the ceremony.
Graduation: 6:45: Line-up in auxiliary gym, with the ceremony beginning at 7:00.
The William Anderson Center at The University of Mary Washington
Alvey Dr, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Everyone MUST have a ticket to attend (this includes all babies and small children)
- Guests should arrive arrive no later than 6:15 PM to ensure time to park and enter the building. Please plan to arrive early.
- Leave all balloons in the car as they are not permitted in the gymnasium.
- The entrance to the ceremony in in the FRONT of the Anderson Center. There is NO entrance from the back of the building.
- Everyone must walk around to the front of the building in order to enter.
- Everyone must park BEHIND the facility.
Handicap parking is first come first serve and very limited. Be prepared to follow the drop off route (black arrows) and carpool if possible.
Directions from interstate 95 heading north
- 95n. to exit 126
- Follow signs for rt. 1 north
- Once you pass the Greyhound station you will want to start getting into your right hand lane
- If you are dropping off or in need of handicap parking turn right onto College Ave. then follow the black arrows on the map provided.
- If you are parking stay in your right lane on rt. 1, take your first right after the pedestrian bridge onto Alvey Dr. the deck will be on your left.
- Parking areas will open at 5:30, doors will open at 6:00, and the ceremony starts at 7:00.
Commencement Exercises for the Class of 2018 are scheduled for Friday, May 18, 2018 at 7:00 PM. The ceremony will be held at the William Anderson Center at The University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401.
This is a ticketed event, meaning that only those people who have tickets will be admitted.
Students need to arrive at UMW at 5:30 PM on May 18th. Leave all personal items locked in your cars. When you exit graduation, you will go directly out of the building, and there will be no further access to the building areas.