The Positive Vibe Café provides hands-on training in food services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
(This fabulous restaurant also has great food!!)
The disAbility Resource Center will present a session Monday-Friday October 23–November 17, 2017 from 2:30-4:30, with three in-house internships to be scheduled upon acceptance into the program. If you would like to recommend a candidate or have questions please call or e-mail Caito Hankinson, Training Program Director at (804) 921-1629 email@example.com. The program lasts four weeks and culminates with a graduation ceremony. Each graduate is prepared for job seeking, interviewing and working in the food service industry.
Don’t miss this once a year event!
- If you’re wondering “What’s in it for ME?”
This is what YOU can get out of Family Fair:
* A minimum of 3 hours of Professional Development (EDUCATORS Professional Development)
* Networking with other educators and service providers
* Daycare Provider Training hours
* Community Service Hours for Volunteers/Students
* Community Resources
* FREE Breakfast
* FREE Lunch
* FREE Child Supervision while you attend sessions (you won’t need to pay the babysitter, so just invite the babysitter to come and enjoy Family Fair)
* Information that you never knew was available!!
* Fabulous Door Prizes
* A puppet show
* Student Performances
* Developmental Screenings
* An opportunity to give to the local food pantry
Family Fair is a community event, held at Caroline Middle School from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Family Fair is a resource and information fair for families, students, people with special needs, child care providers, senior citizens and professionals. There are approximately 20 sessions of which participants will have three opportunities to attend a class of their choice throughout the day. We provide a separate schedule of events for youth and teens through our child supervision/teen programs, so that adults can attend sessions worry free. Breakfast and Lunch is provided with registration.
The goal of this event is to provide information concerning families (infants, youth, teens, & senior citizens), people with special needs, and professionals. Family Fair also provides literacy, health and developmental screenings, childcare provider training, and child supervision. Through our vendor fair we also promote the services available in our community and surrounding areas.
Register as a PRESENTER:
Presenters can register at this link:
Register as a VENDOR:
Vendors can register at this link: