May 17th 2019
The William Anderson Center
University of Mary Washington
- Guests should arrive between 5:45 PM- 6:15 PM to ensure time to park and enter the building.
- Everyone must have a ticket to attend. This includes infants and small children.
- No balloons, noisemakers, or umbrellas are permitted in the gymnasium. Please leave items in your vehicles or be prepared to leave them in the lobby area.
- Guests will not be allowed to stand in walkways during the ceremony.
- Guests may not reserve seats after 6:50 PM.
Parking Information and Map
- Star- UMW Anderson Center
- Arrows- Drop off Route
- Parking Deck is located behind The William Anderson Center.
- The entrance for the ceremony is at the front of the building. There is NO parking across the street in the Eagle Village. Cars will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Staff will be available to assist with parking.
- Handicap parking is available in front of The Anderson Center. Parking is limited and not all spaces are designed for handicap accessible vehicles.
- At conclusion of ceremony, all vehicles must turn right out of the deck onto Rt. 1.
Caroline High School’s Graduation ceremony is organized by Caroline High School teachers and staff following the guidelines provided by The University of Mary Washington in conjunction with the UMW/ Fredericksburg Police Departments. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in making this event a success.
Mark your calendar for March 12th from 5:30pm-7:30 pm for College Night. Parents and students are welcome to attend. Topics include choosing a college and how to apply for financial aid.
Representatives from Virginia Tech and Mary Washington will speak about college admissions. Pizza will be provided. Students should expect to see an email with more information.
The William Anderson Center at The University of Mary Washington
Alvey Dr, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Everyone MUST have a ticket to attend (this includes all babies and small children)
Directions from interstate 95 heading north
- 95n. to exit 126
- Follow signs for rt. 1 north
- Once you pass the Greyhound station you will want to start getting into your right hand lane
- If you are dropping off or in need of handicap parking turn right onto College Ave. then follow the black arrows on the map provided.
- If you are parking stay in your right lane on rt. 1, take your first right after the pedestrian bridge onto Alvey Dr. the deck will be on your left.
- Parking areas will open at 5:30, doors will open at 6:00, and the ceremony starts at 7:00.
Commencement Exercises for the Class of 2018 are scheduled for Friday, May 18, 2018 at 7:00 PM. The ceremony will be held at the William Anderson Center at The University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401.
This is a ticketed event, meaning that only those people who have tickets will be admitted.
Students need to arrive at UMW at 5:30 PM on May 18th. Leave all personal items locked in your cars. When you exit graduation, you will go directly out of the building, and there will be no further access to the building areas.
CHS will be visiting Germanna Community College and the University of Mary Washington on Thursday, March 14th. If you would like to tour the campuses and learn more about these institutions, sign up with Mrs. Minor in School Counseling.
In order to attend, you must have a GPA of 2.8 or higher and no discipline infractions this school year. The cost of the trip is $15 and is due by March 2nd. The trip is limited to the first 30 students who sign up and pay for the trip. Please see Mrs. Jones in school counseling with questions.