October 23 -27, 2017
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR OUR LIBRARY BY PARTICIPATING IN DRESS UP DAYS! DON’T FORGET TO INVITE YOUR FAMILY MONDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2017 FROM 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. FOR COWBOY GRUB, S’MORES AND WILD
Dress like a Bandit
Put it all together!
The CMS History Club cordially invites you to our 4th annual Veterans Day Ceremony! The ceremony will take place on Monday, November 13th at 3:30 p.m. The Caroline High School teacher parking lot will serve as our location for the ceremony, as well as the Korean War Memorial Garden (located near the parking lot). The students of the History Club are working hard to create an amazing ceremony, so please join us as we honor America’s Heroes!
- KINDNESS & A CAUSE FRIDAYS
- REPORT CARDS WILL GO HOME ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20TH
- HALLOWEEN DANCE – FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20TH FROM 5:00 – 7:00 P.M. TICKETS: $5.00
**STUDENTS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO STAY AFTER SCHOOL FOR THE DANCE.
- BOWLING GREEN HARVEST FESTIVAL IS SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21ST
- THE C.M.S. SCHOLASTIC BOOKFAIR WILL BE OCTOBER 23RD – 27TH https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bookfairs/cptoolkit/homepage.do?method=homepage&url=carolinemiddleschool
CLICK THE LINK ABOVE TO PREVIEW FEATURED TITLES
- PICTURE RETAKE DAY WILL BE WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 25TH
- ANTI-BULLYING WALK WILL BE HELD ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 26TH
IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM THE TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT:
Starting on Tuesday, October 17th, Activity Buses will be changing times.
The buses will arrive at Caroline Middle School at 5:15 p.m. and at Caroline High School at 5:30 p.m.
This year we have the opportunity to offer to our 8th graders the chance to take the PSAT 8/9! It’s free of charge to the student and will be given during school hours on Thursday, November 9 (originally scheduled for November 2).
This is a great way to know what areas you excel in and what areas you need to work on prior to going to the High School! Email Dr. Burruss at email@example.com or call at 804-633-6561 x4025 with any questions or for more information. You can also contact her for an opt out form.
For more information about the test, visit the website at: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-8-9/inside-the-test
EAGLE ATHLETICS – ATHLETIC DIRECTOR Mr. Luke Bobbitt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baseball conditioning runs every Wednesday. All students need a permission form and physical to participate. See Coach DeCola for any questions. email@example.com
- SOFTBALL conditioning will be held every Tuesday at Caroline High School. All 8th grade girls are invited and will need physical to Participate. See Coach D in cafeteria for any questions. Girls will meet in coach Blackwell’s classroom. Practice from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. firstname.lastname@example.org
C.M.S. SPORTS CALENDAR (CLICK HERE) For All Athletic Updates
THUR. OCT. 19 SOCCER CMS VS. FREDERICKSBURG CHRISTIAN @ FRED. CHRISTIAN – 4:30 P.M.
9400 THORNTON ROLLING RD, FREDERICKSBURG, VA 22408
GIRLS BASKETBALL CMS VS. LOCUST GROVE @ HOME – 4:30 P.M.
PARENT/TEACHER RESOURCES CENTER (804) 633-7083
16221 RICHMOND TPKE, BOWLING GREEN, VA 22427
List of Upcoming Events
- OCT. 23RD Guest Speaker: Rohan Murphy Presenting to Elementary & Secondary students
- OCT. 25TH Family Relationship Series- Session 3 – 10am OR 6pm @ PRC
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR THESE EVENTS! http://prc.blogs.ccps.us/
THE CMS STUDENTS & STAFF WILL PARTICIPATE IN ACTS OF KINDNESS & DRESS TO SUPPORT A GOOD CAUSE EVERY FRIDAY.
THIS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20th
KIND ACT: BRING IN A CANNED GOOD FOR THE FOOD BANK.
GOOD CAUSE: “PURPLE OUT DAY”. WEAR PURPLE TO SUPPORT ADHD AWARENESS
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) affects children and teens and can continue into adulthood. ADHD is the most commonly diagnosed mental disorder of children. Children with ADHD may be hyperactive and unable control their impulses. Or they may have trouble paying attention. These behaviors interfere with school and home life. It’s more common in boys than in girls. It’s usually discovered during the early school years, when a child begins to have problems paying attention. Adults with ADHD may have trouble managing time, being organized, setting goals, and holding down a job. They may also have problems with relationships, self-esteem, and addiction.