Children who are 5 years old by September 30th are eligible kindergarten this fall. Even if your child attends preschool at Head Start or one of the elementary buildings, you are still required to register the child for kindergarten.
- Child’s official, certified birth certificate
- Two proofs of residency
- Must provide one of these: Deed, Lease, Tax Bill
- Must provide two of the following options that are current for the last 2 months with the parent/guardian name:
- Utility Bills (tied to the home)
- Employment Verification (payroll stubs, current employer verification on company letterhead)
- Tax documents
- Medical Bills
- Consecutive Bank Statements (for 2 months)
- Vehicle Registration, Driver’s License, Insurance Policy
- Other Official Correspondence with Government Agencies
- School Entrance Health Form. pdf (bring anytime before the first day of school)
- Photo ID for parent or legal guardian
- IEP (if applicable)
Step 1: Complete the kindergarten registration document by logging into LINQ and creating an account. For more information about using LINQ, open Creating a Parent Account document.
You may upload copies of the required documents into LINQ or bring the documents to your child’s zoned school.
Step 2: The school registrar will reach out to you through LINQ to schedule an appointment for a school screening. School Screenings will be scheduled Monday-Friday from 2:00-4:00 pm.
If you are unable to utilize LINQ, you may go to your child’s zone school to pick up a paper application.