Where: McDonald’s 8265 Ladysmith Rd, Ruther Glen VA 22546
When: Monday, May 14th 2018 – 4- 8pm
Join the families, students and teachers of your school for food and fun!
- Drive-Thru, Dine In or Mobile Order.
- A portion of the sales benefit CCPS Elementary Beta Clubs for the National Convention.
Welburn Management McDonald’s are proud to support our local schools!
Each May we celebrate “Teacher Appreciation Week” as it is a time set aside to honor teacher’s commitment to helping all children learn and grow. This year, “Teacher Appreciation Week” is May 7-11th. Please join us to recognize the hard work that your child’s teacher does by doing something special for your teacher each day.
*Monday: a note of thanks or a picture drawn by your child.
*Tuesday: favorite treat
*Wednesday: wear his/her favorite color
*Thursday: flower or plant
*Friday: random act of kindness to show him/ her they are appreciated
We are extremely fortunate to have a dedicated staff who truly believes in every child’s ability to achieve!
Congratulations to Mrs. Shelby Foltz, Health and Physical Education teacher, at Lewis and Clark Elementary School. Mrs. Foltz received a surprise visit from CCPS Superintendent, Dr. George Parker, who announced Mrs. Foltz’s selection as the 2019 County Teacher of the Year. Mrs. Foltz will serve in this capacity for the 2018-2019 school year. Shelby will move forward to compete in the Region III Teacher of the Year process. You are such an amazing PE Teacher, our student, and staff are so lucky to have you as a part of LCES !
The Parent/Guardian survey is available and we ask that you take a few minutes to complete the survey. Your voice is important as we gather data to support our strategic plan, Pathways 2022. If you have children in multiple schools, please take the survey separately for each building. The survey will be open April 25th through May 9th. Thank you in advance for your time and cooperation.
2017-2018 CCPS Parent Climate Survey
Please join us this Wednesday, April 18th at 6pm for our Annual Talent Show. The students have worked so hard and truly appreciate your support! See you there!
- Monday, May 14 – 5-7pm
- Tuesday, May 15 – 3-5pm
- Wednesday, May 16 – 3-5pm
- Evaluations will occur each day- Final Evaluations- 5/17-5/18 – 5-7pm
Where: CMS Gym
Students must have a sports physical completed after May 1st, 2018, in order to try out
- Who: Grades PreK – 5th
- When: Friday, April 20 (Rain date: Friday, April 27)
- Time: Pre K-2 9:15-11:15 3rd-5th 12:30 – 2:30
- COLOR RUN- Entire School – 2:30
What to Bring:
- Wear Grizzly Games Shirt OR any white shirt for the Color Fun Run!
- Packed Lunch ( School lunch will also be provided)
- Tennis shoes
- Blanket or towel – with name on it (Picnic Lunch)
- Please wear sunscreen
****KONA ICE will be available for $3.00. Please send in money if you would like your child to purchase Kona Ice.
Join Smart Beginnings Rappahannock for fun, educational activities to help prepare children for kindergarten, introduce them to a classroom routine, and a chance for parents to visit with special guests from area schools.
Saturday, April 14th from 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
1275 Jefferson Davis Highway
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401
Reminder: Spring Picture Day has been rescheduled for Friday, April 13th.
April: Autism Awareness Month & Math Recognition Month
- 2-6: Spring Break Week /No School
- 9: Regular School Day NOW- Encore Day 5
- 13: Favorite Number Day
- 15: Flying Squirrels Game
- 16: Special Olympics @ CHS (rain date 19th)
- 16-17: 2nd grade field trip
- 17: Pyramid Concert 6:30 pm @ CHS
- PTA meeting 6 pm
- 18: Talent Show 6-8 pm
- 19: 9:30 am Volunteer Breakfast
- 20: Interims/Superhero Day
- **Grizzly Games (rain date 27th)
- 25: Administrative Professionals Day
- -CCPS County Art Show 6:30 pm @CHS
- 26: LCES Spring Fling 6:30 pm
- 27: School Spirit Day