Please join us for our Annual Thanksgiving Lunch!
When: Wednesday, November 14th, 2018
Price: Adult lunch $3.50 **Credit/Debit cards are not accepted
Please RSVP by 11/9 and contact your child’s teacher for their lunch time.
- Roasted Turkey and Gravy
- Fresh Rolls
- Sweet Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Cranberry Sauce
- Baked Apples
- Fresh Fruit
Thank you Dr. Hellman for reading to Mr. Scott’s Pre-K class for ‘Read for the Record’. The students loved the story Maybe Something Beautiful: How Art Transformed A Neighborhood. You truly brightened their day!
Lewis & Clark Elementary School is celebrating Red Ribbon Week October 22nd-26th. This is a week observed nationally in schools to promote a drug free life style. Each day during the week, there will be a theme to encourage children to celebrate being drug free! Remember to wear your Red Ribbon all week!
- Monday 22nd “Good Character, Good Choice!” – Wear RED clothing and everyone receives a Red Ribbon to wear all week
- Tuesday 23rd “Hats Off To Being Drug Free” – Wear your favorite hat
- Wednesday 24th “I’m a Jean-ius” I don’t do drugs. – Wear jeans and an Orange shirt for Unite Against Bullying Day (this day includes two things, celebrating being drug free and bully free)
- Thursday 25th: “Shade out Drugs” – Wear your sunglasses
- Friday 26th: “Team up Against Drugs” – Wear favorite team gear
Friday, October 19th is a busy day for LCES!!
- Goodies With Grandparents- 8:30-9:15am
- LCES GOES PINK! Wear Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness!
- Report Cards Go Home!
- Fall Book Fair Starts!
On Friday, October 19th, LCES will participate in our school-wide “Pink Out” to support Breast Cancer Awareness. We encourage the staff and students to wear Pink!
Our fall book fair is scheduled October 18th through October 26th. Once again, Scholastic will be offering both the Online Book Fair and the eWallet payment option to provide easy opportunities for families to shop for books with their students outside of the library walls. Both can be accessed through our Scholastic Book Fair homepage.
Teachers will be able to select books for their Wish Boxes so students and families can purchase something for their classroom libraries. These boxes will be placed along the bookcase near our check out line. Just see what your child’s teacher is wishing for and take one to buy for the classroom.
Our Evening Book Sale will coincide with the Curriculum Night on Thursday, October 25th.