1. Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep before every test.
2. Provide a healthy breakfast on test day.
3. Have your child dress comfortably and arrive at school on time.
4. Send your child off to school with confidence building words of praise and support: You’ll do great! Believe in yourself! I love you!
5. Suggest that your child breathe deeply to relax before and during the test.
6. Remind your child to read directions carefully and look at all the answers before choosing one.
7. Tell your child to check his or her answers before moving on to the next question.
8. Do not schedule trips, dental or medical appointments, or early pickups for testing days.