Check out our LCES October Newsletter for Grizzly updates and important information!
- 2: Stomp out Bullying Day & Wear Blue Day-Bully Walk
- 5: Fall Pictures
- 6: 6-8 PM PTA Costume Dance
- 13: Early Dismissal
- End of 1st 9 Weeks/School Spirit Day
- 16: No School
- 16-20: National School Bus Safety Week and Book Fair Week
- 17: Family Night/Curriculum Night
- ** 5-7 Book Fair Night
- 19: Uke Club Starts
- 20: Harvest Day-Cowboy
- Report Cards Go Home
- 22: Grizzly Grind Fun Run 7:30 AM
- 23: 2nd Grade Field Trip
- 25: Unite Against Bullying/Wear Orange
- 25: 1st Grade Field Trip-Butzner, Smith, Hall & Kramer
- 26: 1st Grade Field Trip-Bandura, Beazley & Scott
- 26: PreK Field Trip
- 23-27: Red Ribbon Week “Drug Free”
- 23: Wear Red
- 24: Hats Off to Drug Free Day
- 25: Jean-ius/Against Drugs-Wear Jeans & Orange
- 26: Sunglasses Day-Bright future to be drug-Free
- 27: Favorite Team- Gear up to Drug-Free
- 31: Storybook Character Day
Reading and listening to your child read are two of the most important things you can do to create a lifelong love of reading. Parents who incorporate reading into their daily routine are modeling the importance of reading in everyday life. Below are suggestions on how you can incorporate reading into your day…
- Storytime Surprise! You don’t have to wait until bedtime to read together. Surprising your child with a read-aloud at any time during the day models the importance and the joy that can come from reading books.
- Buddy Reading. Create opportunities for your child to read with another sibling or friend. Make it fun and not just another “homework assignment” for school.
- Library Books. Ask your child to show you the books he/she checked out from the school or public library. Showing an interest in their book excites children and may spark enthusiasm in reading the book to you.
Kitchen Fun! Most families spend an enormous amount of time in the kitchen after school. Engage your child by showing and reading special recipes, ask them to hand you different ingredients so they hear new vocabulary words, go on “Word Hunts” where children look for words that have their word study pattern for the week.
Caroline County Public Schools is proactive in ensuring that all schools are bully-free daily. This newsletter contains a variety of topics that include: the types of bullying, what bullying is/is not, how we can prevent bullying, parent tips, activities that schools are doing to create a positive, bully-free school environment, and a variety of resources for teachers, students, and parents.
Join us for our annual PTA Costume Party Friday, October 6th from 6-8pm, doors opening at 5pm. There will be friends, music, and concessions! See you there!
When: September 25th- 5pm – 8pm
Where: McDonald’s- 8265 Ladysmith Rd, Ruther Glen, VA 22546
Join us for food and fun! Drive-Thru or Dine In. A portion of the sales will benefit Lewis and Clark Elementary. See you there!
Please join us Wednesday, Sept. 20th for our Volunteer Orientation at 9:30 in the Forum.
Today, the students of LCES participated in their first Grizzly Pride Day. They reviewed the procedures of PBIS used throughout the school and members of the Star Performers Dance Team acted out skits of positive things students should be doing each day around our school! Great start to an awesome year!
Caroline County Public Schools announced Ms. Sarah Adamson-Mair as Virginia’s Region 3 Teacher of the Year at a surprise school-wide assembly at Lewis and Clark Elementary School, on September 11, 2017. Ms. Adamson-Mair was one of eight teachers across the state that learned of their selection as a 2018 Regional Teacher of the Year.
Sarah Adamson-Mair is a kindergarten teacher here at Lewis and Clark Elementary School. She has served on the county’s Strategic Planning Steering Committee, Principal Advisory Committee, and the Kindergarten Assessment Development Team. Ms. Adamson-Mair has also shared her passion for education as a teacher mentor and Math Lead Teacher.
We are so excited to congratulate her on this great achievement!!
The PTA would like to recognize August teacher of the month Mr. Corey Scott!!! Mr. Scott is one of our wonderful Pre-K teachers at LCES, this is his 14th year teaching & he is a lifetime member of the PTA! He is one of the first smiling faces a lot of the children at LCES met, when they come to do placement testing in our school. Also this summer Mr. Scott was also pictured on the YMCA’s website for volunteering his time & helping out at the bright beginnings back to school event. We appreciate Mr. Scott for always having a positive attitude, helping others & being an amazing teacher to all of his little students! Thank You Mr. Scott!
*** Special thank you to Liberty Lanes for donating 2 free games of bowling, Chipotle donating a gift card, and we hope you enjoy all your other Teacher gifts from the PTA! ***
Hispanic Heritage Month
- 1: Tie Dye Day/Pop In Party-New Students
- 4: Labor Day/No School
- 7: Back to School Night 5:30-7 pm
- 8: Red, White & Blue Day
- 11: PBIS Assembly
- 14: Interims
- 15: Favorite Color Day
- 20: Volunteer Breakfast 9:30 am
- 22: Superhero Day
- 25: McDonalds Night 5-8 pm
- 28: Parent Teacher Conferences 3:45-7:45
- 29: School Spirit Day
LCES Back to School Night will be held on Thursday, September 7th, 2017 from 5:30p.m. – 7:00 p.m. This is a wonderful opportunity for all parents and caregivers to visit their children’s classrooms, meet teachers and administrators, see the library, and learn more about this year’s classes and what your children will be learning and doing this year! Your involvement in your child’s education is a key element in helping every child be successful.
Each teacher will present 2 times for those families who have 2 or more children that attend LCES.
Schedule: – 1st Presentation 5:40-6:10 & 2nd Presentation 6:15-6:45
During the first week of school, LCES students painted rocks to start the year embracing diversity and creativity. What a great experience!
Order by September 9th!
Click HERE to order your Spirit Wear!
Enter our school Access Code: grizzl9A87
Please see the attached document for the updated 2017-18 Attendance Policy for Caroline County Public Schools.
14: First Day of School
18: Vacation Shirt Day
25: School Spirit Day
28: PTA Dining Guide Book Sales start Aug. 28th-Sept. 9th
BE YOUR OWN HERO!
We look forward to seeing everyone at our Open House on Thursday, August 10 from 4-7 p.m.
Each student will be choose a rock tomorrow and illustrating their designs. They will paint their rocks to express something about him/herself in their classrooms during the first week of school. We will use these rocks to represent the individuality of each student here at LCES. See you tomorrow!
LCES PTA will be meeting on Thursday, July 6th at 6pm in the Library.