The MES Choir joined forces with the LCES and BGE Choirs on Sunday, April 15, to sing the National Anthem at a Flying Squirrels game.
Join Smart Beginnings Rappahannock for fun, educational activities
to help prepare children for kindergarten, introduce them to a classroom
routine, and a chance for parents to visit with special guests from area schools.
Saturday, April 14th from 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
Yearbooks are in!! If you pre-ordered a yearbook or yearbook package, it was delivered to your student on Monday, April 9. If you were unable to pre-order, do not worry – we have extras! If you are interested on purchasing a yearbook, we will be selling them on a first come, first serve basis. The cost of a yearbook is $15 and can be paid with cash or check. You may purchase a yearbook at the Curriculum night this Thursday, April 12 from 5:30 – 7 pm. Yearbooks will also be available on Friday, April 13 outside the main office from 8:20-9 am and from 12 – 12:30 pm. If we do not sell out on Friday, we will offer additional times next week for parents or students to purchase a yearbook. You may also send in a check or cash in an envelope with your student labelled “Yearbook” and we will issue your student a yearbook. Please include your student’s first and last name, as well as their teacher’s name on the envelope. Please contact Mrs. Robertson at 804-448-2171 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Kindergarten students were on the hunt for eggs during their educational Easter egg hunt. Their third grade book buddies helped out by hiding the eggs on the playground. The Kindergarten students had to read sight words, numbers, sound out words, and identify the coins that were labeled to each egg. The students had a wonderful time working with their book buddies in a fun, hands on approach to reviewing academic skills.
Thursday, April 12, 2018
10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Bowling Green Elementary
Lewis and Clark Elementary
Inclement Weather Date – Tuesday, April 24, 2018
What to expect
• Register your child for kindergarten
• Meet and talk with school staff
• Your child will be screened at this time, so you only need to come to the school once.
What to bring
• Child’s original or certified birth certificate
• IEP, if applicable
• Legal Custody/Guardianship, Visitation, and/or Protective Orders, if applicable
• Foster Parent Verification, if applicable
• Photo ID and two documents for proof of residency
• Immunization record and completed physical form
Provide two documents from list A or one from List A and one from List B
• A deed or lease agreement to the residence
• Utility bill or new hookup/installation issued within the last 30 days (telephone, electric, cable, water, etc.)
• A letter from Rappahannock Electric or Dominion Power verifying the address
• A U.S. Internal Revenue Service tax reporting W-2 from the current year
• A payroll check stub issued by an employer within the last 30 days
• A piece of mail with new forwarding address indicated by the post office