The manual is organized according to the classification system developed by the Educational Policies Services of the National School Boards Association. The system provides an efficient means of coding, filing, and finding policies, regulations, and other documents.
There are 12 major classifications, each bearing an alphabetical code:
- Section A: Foundations and Basic Commitments
- Section B: School Board Governance and Operations
- Section C: General School Administration
- Section D: Fiscal Management
- Section E: Support Services
- Section F: Facilities Development
- Section G: Personnel
- Section I: Instruction
- Section J: Students
- Section K: School/Community Relations
- Section L: Education Agency Relations
A copy of the policy manual is also available in the School Board office.
If you have questions regarding a particular area that you are unable to find a related policy for, please contact the superintendent for an explanation of the administration’s interpretation of that particular area.