Updated April 26, 2018
Teaching and Learning
- Increase the number of schools to be fully accredited by the VDOE from 60% to 100% for the 2018-2019 school year.
- To increase the percentage of students, identified as “On Grade Level” based on the PALS and Fountas & Pinnell assessments by 3% annually in grades 1 through 3.
School and Community Partnerships
- Increase the number of students participating in local apprentice programs by 30% by expanding the number of business partnerships that offer apprenticeship experience and increasing the number of students who are participating in existing programs.
- Expand curricular and career opportunities through Germanna Community College by aligning existing programs at the high school to programs of study through Germanna and increasing dual enrollment course offerings which will better position our students for post-secondary career related studies.
- In cooperation with county government and community stakeholders, develop an FY19 School Operating Budget that reflects a commitment to transparency, fiscal principles, and providing a quality education for students.
- To reduce teacher turnover by 5% compared to 2017-18 school year by implementing recommendations of the 2018 school division compensation study as well as a continued emphasis on improving school division climate.
Health and Safety
- Establish a division Wellness program that emphasizes the eight dimensions of wellness and provides effective incentives for leading a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
- Finalize completion of the construction renovations for Madison Elementary and Caroline High School within School Board expectation for budget management and quality.
VSBA Board of Distinction
- Fulfill all necessary criteria for VSBA Board of Distinction
- Dr. Parker present to VSBA a successful practice
- Using school suspension data from the 2017-18 school year, identify areas where suspensions or removals from instruction are disproportionate and develop a plan that will reduce disproportionality to an acceptable variance of 5%.
- Investigate and implement strategies of engaging parents of chronically absent students.