Congratulations to the CMS Girls Basketball team for finishing their season 15-0!!
Congratulations to the CHS Boy’s Cross Country team for placing 3rd in Conference 20 Championships at Pocahontas Park, they will be moving on to Regionals this Wednesday, November, 6th at Pole Green Park!
There will be a Special Called School Board Meeting on Monday, October 28, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. in the auditorium at the School Board Office.
Last week, in celebration of National School Lunch Week, our cafeterias countywide hosted the “School Lunch Across the USA” campaign to spotlight nutritious recipes, ingredients and the hard working staff that make the school cafeterias enjoyable for our students.
The schools are working to inform parents about healthy changes in school cafeterias under the new nutrition standards for school meals. These changes are being made while we are still offering the students their favorite menu items.
The Schools are getting parents in on the fun too. Many are participating in“National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day,” inviting parents to visit the cafeteria and celebrate what’s great about school lunch.
To raise awareness of the Program, the management at the new Bowling Green cafeteria hosted County Board member Jeff Sili,Virginia Senator McDougle and our Superintendent, Dr. Killough, for lunch on Wednesday. The event was covered by the national family magazine, Kiwi. On Friday, County Board member Floyd Thomas showed his support, dropping in on the cafeteria and having a great time interacting with the students.
The Food Service Office would like to thank everyone for their continued support of the School Nutrition Program in Caroline County.
The fine arts department had great success at the state fair winning15 ribbons for 29 works of art submitted including 2 best in category ribbons. The winners were:
- Jacqueline Chavez Orellana - Best in show and 1st place for charcoal, pencil and ink drawing, second place acrylic painting, and third place in paper art
- Bailey Smith - Best in Show and first place in fiber art, second place in charcoal, pencil and ink drawing.
- Olivia Smith – 1st place in water color, second place in oil pastel, 2nd place in mixed media, 3rd place in acrylic painting
- Makayla Cassell – 3rd place oil pastel
- Michaela Minor - 2nd place pastel
- Amber Nadeau - 3rd place mixed media
- Jacob Schmitz - 3rd place oil pastel
- Janelle Carrier - 3rd place cartooning
Bowling Green Elementary’s Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for their new playground was held Saturday, October 5, 2013. Parents and staff had fundraisers and local donations to help fund it. Pictured in are Kristin Bissoon, Jeff Black, Jeff Sili, Dr. Gregory Killough, Nancy Carson, Jason Mack, George Spaulding, David McConnell, and Naeda Gustard.
A Dedication and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the new school will be held on November 8, 2013 at 9:30 at BGE.