BGE – August 30, 10-12pm and 4-6pm
BGP – August 30, 10-12pm and 4-6pm
CDLC – August 30, 4-8pm
CHS – August 30, 4-8pm; Freshman Orientation – August 28, 6-8pm
CMS – August 30, 10-12pm and 5:30-7:30; 6th Grade Orientation – August 29, 5:30-7pm
LCES – August 30, 5:30-7:30pm; PK & K – 5:30pm in Cafeteria
MES – August 30, 4-6pm; PK & K – 4pm in Cafeteria
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school.
Dear Parents, Students, and Citizens of Caroline County:
On September 4, 2012, an exciting and wonderful new school year will begin. We welcomed our new teachers to our schools on August 14, 2012. They are highly qualified and ready to do a great job teaching.
There are many new and exciting things going on at our schools and throughout our school system. Our teachers have been working hard throughout the summer to prepare for the 2012-13 school-year, as have our custodians and maintenance staff preparing the schools and grounds. The technology department has worked diligently with many staff members to unveil our new web sites. We are excited about the construction going on at Bowling Green Primary School. Please be aware of it and that we are taking every precaution for safety when school opens in September. The goal is to be ready to open as a PreK-5 school at the beginning of the 2013-14 school-year.
I would like to welcome back all of our returning students, and I would like to welcome our new students. Caroline County Public Schools is a great school division with a major focus on student achievement and safety. We are proud to be “Caroline.” Please visit each school web site to keep updated on upcoming school events.
I want to encourage parents, grandparents, and community members to become involved in our children and young adults lives. We have a great school division with many opportunities, and we have an elite group of teachers and support staff.
It is my hope that everyone had a restful and blessed summer, and I am excited and looking forward to an outstanding 2012-13 school year.
Gregory N. Killough
Gregory N. Killough, Ed.D
BGE Family Fun Day 5K Run/Walk – Saturday, September 8, 2012, from 9am-1pm at Bowling Green Town Hall. Come out for a day of fun with the family while supporting a good cause! Prizes, games, food and fun!!! All proceeds will benefit the Bowling Green Elementary Playground!!! Race begins at 9am at Town Hall!!!
- Students: $5.00
- Teachers: $10.00
- Single Rate: $15.00
- Family Rate: $25.00
Register by August 17th and recieve a T-shirt to wear to the Walk!!! Register here.
Or stop by one of the local library branches, school board office, or mail your registration form to:
CCPS Education Foundation
16221 Richmond Turnpike
Bowling Green, VA 22427
Race packets will be available for pickup on September 7, from 5:30-7:30 at Bowling Green Primary Cafeteria.
We’d like to welcome you to our newly redesigned website. We’ve been hard at work on the new site and hope that your find your experience with it both user friendly and enjoyable.
Our goal with the redesign of our website was to make the information that we give to you easier to find and more timely. If you have any questions or comments about the site in general or anything in particular, please let us know.
- Full standards compliance – We have gone to great lengths to make sure every bit of our site’s code is in full compliance with the standards of the W3C. This is important not only for interoperability with today’s browser but also for forward compatibility with the tools of the next generation. Your web site is a beautiful thing, and you should demand nothing less.
- Themes – The new site comes with a full theme system which makes designing everything from the simplest blog to the most complicated webzine a piece of cake, and you can even have multiple themes with totally different looks that you switch with a single click. Have a new design every day.
- Cross-blog communication tools – The new site fully supports both the Trackback and Pingback standards, and we are committed to supporting future standards as they develop.
- Typographical niceties – The new site uses the Texturize engine to intelligently convert plain ASCII into typographically correct XHTML entities. This includes quotes, apostrophes, ellipses, em and en dashes, multiplication symbols, and ampersands.
- Multiple authors – The new site’s highly advanced user system allows up to 10 levels of users, with different levels having different (and configurable) privileges with regard to publishing, editing, options, and other users.