Madison Elementary School
Teresa Hicks, Principal
Lindsey Rose, Assistant Principal
Hours of Operation:
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
8:45 AM – 3:30 PM
Tel: (804) 448-2171
Fax: (844) 687-4753
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year at Madison Elementary, Home of the Mustangs. The faculty and staff are excited to welcome returning Mustangs as well as new students to our school. We are ready to begin our “Expedition to Excellence”.
We are focusing on Achievement, Behavior, and Culture as our main focus for the year. We want all of our students to be successful learners and to demonstrate the skills necessary to move on to the next grade. We focus on the three R’s – Be Respectful, Be Responsible, and Be Ready for Learning. We are continuing to grow our school community by using “The House System”, where each child is a member of one of “five houses” all named after horses – Appaloosa, Quarter, Thoroughbred, Arabian, and Clydesdale. Classes and students earn “house points” for demonstrating the 3 R’s as well as points for academic achievements, classroom behavior, and fun house competitions such as basketball or kickball.Each one of these houses also are identified with the highest of character traits that we believe our students exhibit daily – Positivity, Respectful, Integrity, Determination, and Excellence. The first letter of each of these traits spells PRIDE. We are filled with Mustang Pride. Our students and staff strive to do their best each and every day and to take pride in their accomplishments and newly learned skills.
We are ready for a great year of family engagement events and Title One Nights filled with learning and fun. We are excited for the partnerships with the community and look forward to a successful year.
Here are just a few reminders, as we work together to provide a safe and secure environment for our stakeholders:
- We ID all visitors. Please ensure you have a picture identification with you when you visit Madison.All visitors must enter through the front of the building and sign in on the front desk computer;
- Students may arrive between 8:20-8:45 a.m. daily; after 8:45a.m., your child will be considered tardy. All tardy students must be signed in by an adult after 8:45a.m. Dismissal begins at 3:30.
- Attendance Matters – We need your child to be at school each and every day if they are well. Remember “You Miss School, You Miss Out”.
- Please refrain from picking up your child after 3:20. We are in the dismissal process and all staff are needed for a successful end to our school day.
- NO transportation changes will be taken by phone. They must be in writing.
Ms. T. Hicks, Principal
Mrs. L. Rose, Assistant Principal