College Night will be held on Tuesday, March 10 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the auditorium. Underclassmen and their families are encouraged to come out and learn about the basics of the college process, including the SAT/ACT, college applications, and financial aid.
Parents and families, please join the CHS school counselors on Thursday, November 21st at 8 am in the library for a workshop on Advanced Placement, Dual Enrollment, Virtual Virginia, and other exceptional academic opportunities for students.
The counselors will provide coffee and donuts and will be available to answer any questions. Contact Mr. Schuyler at email@example.com for additional info.
- The Career Center salutes all past, present, and future Army, Navy, Airforce, Marine, and Coast Guard men and women. Thank you for your service. Interested in a military career? Please visit https://www.todaysmilitary.com/ to learn more.
- November is National Career Development Month. The Career Coach celebrated this month with a trip to Luck Stone to learn about workplace readiness skills and career pathways of the organization.
- The Career Coach will also be having a Career Cafe with a Surveyor from Virginia Association of Surveyors on November 14 with Mr. BLack’s class. Please check out Get My Future to learn about careers, apprenticeships, applying for college, and finding jobs.
- November 11-15 is National Apprenticeship Week. The Career Coach will be in all 3 lunch periods on November 12th to showcase various apprenticeship opportunities including Germanna Apprenticeships. Stop by to see her. Also you may visit https://www.apprenticeship.gov/ to learn more about hses great opportunities.
- The November School Counseling Newsletter is now available. Please take a few moments to review our scholarship opportunities, upcoming events, Career Corner, and more. Juniors: Learn about summer programs as well as a stellar scholarship opportunity. https://www.smore.com/54b92-school-counseling-newsletter
- Juniors and Seniors who would like to sign up for the ASVAB on November 25th please fill out the following form: https://forms.gle/7R8eVGRzzsKnYD2Z8
- DIVAS With Promise and Men of Valor are mentoring programs through Caroline’s Promise. DIVAS With Promise’s primary focus is to empower young ladies with the skills needed for success in the current year and beyond. Men of Valor’s primary focus is the empowerment of young men with the skills needed for success this year and beyond. Click here for more information and the applications! http://chscounseling.blogs.ccps.us/mentoring/
- The Career Coach, along with Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, will be hosting an after school program focusing on your future job success. The group will meet once a month and work on resumes, career exploration, setting a high school work portfolio, and much more. If interested please contact Mrs. Hummer at firstname.lastname@example.org .