Caroline County Public Schools is interested in hearing from our stakeholders regarding what type of leader would best serve the Caroline Middle School community. All survey data will be considered by the Human Resources Department prior to initiating the principal interview and selection process. Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey.
Caroline County Public Schools is pleased to announce that Mrs. Sarah Adamson-Mair was nominated as the 2017-18 Teacher of the Year. Mrs. Adamson- Mair is a kindergarten teacher at Lewis and Clark Elementary School. Ms. Katie Woody was nominated as the 2017-18 Novice Teacher of the Year. She serves as a History teacher at Caroline High School. Both Mrs. Adamson-Mair and Ms. Katie Woody were recognized for a commitment to the educational profession; the respect and admiration of students, parents and colleagues; their knowledge in their assigned teaching area in education; and a willingness to devote time and energy to activities designed to improve student performance and success in school.
Congratulations to Mrs. Sarah Adamson-Mair and Ms. Katie Woody. Caroline County Public Schools is proud to call you our own!
A special budget work session for the Caroline County School Board will be held April 27, 2017 at 4 PM at the Caroline Middle School library media center.
Caroline County Kindergarten Registration
Monday, April 24th
Make sure your child is ready to start school successfully by getting registered! We are looking forward to seeing you there!
What to bring
- Child’s original or certified birth certificate
- Parent or guardian photo ID and proof of residency (see below)
- Immunization record and completed physical form
- Legal Custody/Guardianship, Visitation, and/or Protective Orders
- Foster Parent Verification
Provide two documents from list A or one from list A and one from list B
- A deed or lease agreement to the residence
- Utility bill or new hookup/installation issued within the last 30 days (telephone, electric, cable, water, etc.)
- A letter from Rappahannock Electric or Dominion Power verifying the address
- A U.S. Internal Revenue Service tax reporting W-2 from the current year
- A payroll check stub issued by an employer within the last 30 days
- A piece of mail with new forwarding address indicated by the post office
- Bowling Green Elementary 804-596-2391
- Lewis and Clark Elementary 804-448-0175
- Madison Elementary 804-448-2171
- Monday, April 24th
- 10 am—7 pm
- No appointment needed
What to expect
- Register your child
- Meet and talk with school staff
The Caroline County School Board meeting will be held on Monday, May 15, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. in the Caroline Middle School Auditorium.
Much thought goes into the decision on whether to have a delayed opening or school closing. When inclement weather is forecasted, we closely monitor the National Weather Service to make decisions supportive of student and employee safety.
Over the past twenty-four hours, the CCPS inclement weather team considered a number of factors when making the decision to close school for Thursday, April 6th. The impending storms have caused major damage to properties in several states and maintained the potential for significant damage in this area. These storms have been extremely dangerous and while a two-hour delay addressed overnight projections, the timeline changed from early to late morning which placed the window of severe storms during our student pick-up times. Additionally, a tornado watch has been issued for the entire region until 1:00 p.m.
We understand that today’s closure may have created an inconvenience; however, the safety of our students and staff is at the forefront of every decision. We thank you for your support and understanding.