The Junior Volunteer program may have to be rescheduled, altered, condensed, or cancelled in part or full before or during the summer of 2024 depending upon COVID-19 or other health issues.
The Junior Volunteer Program is an opportunity for current high school sophomores and juniors to receive valuable, voluntary service while developing a sense of civic responsibility. In keeping with our mission’s focus on community, this program is only available to those students residing in and attending high school in MWHC’s primary service area.
The Junior Volunteer Program will be held at Mary Washington Hospital and Stafford Hospital. Please only apply to ONE hospital.
- Participation is open to students who are genuinely interested in giving excellent service to patients, families, associates, and visitors of Mary Washington Healthcare.
- Junior Volunteers must be between the ages of 15-17, currently in 10th or 11th grade, and attending high school or a high school equivalency program. Due to space limitations, we cannot accommodate 2024 graduating seniors.
- Junior Volunteers must be available to work two (2) full weeks during one of the summer sessions. If you know in advance that you will be attending summer camp, traveling out of town, or unavailable to fulfill the time requirements, please do not apply.
- This is a highly competitive selection process. Due to limited site placements, we will not be able to accept every applicant. Selection is based on the student’s application, personal statement, and interview, as well as attendance at the mandatory parent/guardian information session.
- Please click here to read or download the 2024 Junior Volunteer Information Packet.
It contains information that will assist you in meeting all the requirements for your application submission.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the MWHC Volunteer Services offices:
Mary Washington Hospital 540.741.1440
Stafford Hospital 540.741.9660