Regulating and expressing one’s emotions thoughtfully
and advocating for oneself and one’s needs is important. Self-Management enables students to do this effectively. Sustaining healthy boundaries, demonstrating perseverance, and resilience to overcome obstacles
helps students of all ages navigate through their daily lives.
Applying self-management strategies reduces personal and interpersonal stress. Self-management teaches students healthy way to shift one’s thoughts, emotions, and behaviors in order to make decisions and reach goals that benefit oneself and others.
- Maintain a journal
- Draw pictures about your strengths
- Use a tracker to keep track of tasks and goals
- Make lists to complete chores and schoolwork
- Research strategies to support your weaknesses
- Complete a self-reflection when you feel stressed
- Make a chart to monitor your growth in schoolwork, behavior, and goals
- Share your goals with someone else who supports you